SHOP PRETTY THINGS....

Shop Pretty Things WWW.THEPRISSYSHOP.COM

Monday, February 10, 2014

Silky Soft Hair Mask

As you all know I've been lightening my hair with honey. It's looking great but now I started craving a keratin treatment. Since keratin is tremendously toxic I wanted to find a natural fix. I basically just googled diy beauty hair treatments and found some amazing, but very out of the ordinary, recipes. What I did was research several on what the results were and what I actually had in my kitchen. I created my own silky soft concoction that has lasted as long as 5 hair washes thus far! It's not just a quick fix either. That is what I love. I plan to continue this treatment every 2-3 weeks. 

Ingredients: 
(Take note I have very long hair)

-2 eggs
-1/2 cup of yogurt 
-1 spoon of tea tree oil 
- 2 spoons of brown sugar 
-1/2 of a grapefruit juice 
- 1 spoon of honey (optional: might lighten hair)


Mix in a bowl and apply to hair from roots to ends in sections 

I left it in for an hour 

Didn't have much time since I'm a stay at home mommy

If I could I would leave it in longer! 

Put a bag on your hair so it doesn't drip everywhere 

To expedite process, blow dry with bag over your hair on medium heat for 10-15 minutes

If you can leave it in for 3 hours

Wash with shampoo two times and minimal conditioner (mostly only on ends)

And vuala!!!! 

If you are going to straighten/blowdry your hair afterwards mix a little brown sugar with water and spray it on your hair to straighten easier. (You may add heat protector)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Polyvore Sets